Sadie Girl

Sadie Girl
My Leukemia Warrior

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Jones's

























Most people claim that there famalies are crazy, but mine really is.  If we could have a reality show, it would be a huge hit.  I cant complain too much though cause despite our differences, they are there when I really need them.  Before this happened with sadie, I wasnt on very good talking terms with the majority of them, but we all came together as a family should. I have made some, what other people would call "poor choices", but to each their own I believe.  I have learned that I have to live my life the way I choose and not how others want me to live it.  No two people are the same, so therfore my beliefs and how I live my life is almost always gonna be different than the person standing next to me.  Individuality is a gift from god to us all, and how we embrace that is at our own discretion.  The depths of this conversation and what I am referring to is for another day, so....... moving on........When sadie was diagnosed, my sister Shawnna had just concieved her 4th child. I didnt know this, for she did not want to tell me.  I wasnt supposed to have chldren, and the miracle that God did bless me with is now facing cancer, so I understand why she felt this way but I dont want her to. I want her to know that I am so happy for her and I cant wait to hold that little baby girl in my arms.  I am an aunt six times, almost seven and I love it.  I have 4 nephews and 2 nieces with one on the way.  I would die for any one of my sisters kids, and I know they would do the same for Sadie.  My oldest niece maddie really struggles with whats going on with sadie.  All of them do, but she especially has a hard time with it.  Even long before sadie was diagnosed, maddie was sending in her allowence and writing letters to places like St. Jude to help fight childhood cancer.  How ironic is that????  Her heart is huge!!!!!!!  She is only a child herself, but she understands it and for her to be faced with it through her baby cousin eats her up everyday.  Sadie doesnt see her cousins much anymore cause she has no immune system what-so-ever.  She has maybe seen them twice since she was diagnosed, but her heart is always with them.  She loves them all so much.  Everyone of them shaved there heads for little sadie girl, even my sister.  My family is so bad ass.  Cancer has truly changed our lives, and i know that everyone of them is struggling to get through this with me.  The mere mention of sadies name breaks them down in ways they never thought possible.  To you all, sadie has our blood and she will not go down without a fight.

6 comments:

  1. Damn straight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am not one to share my thoughts and feelings with the world but in thus case I'll give it s shot.

    Yes we are crazy. It's not like we try to hide it..... We let it all hang out. If you can't be you, who would you be? Reality show...... Shit.... It would be a huge success. We might make other families feel normal.

    As far as all of us having out differences, no duhhhh. It has to be that way or life would be way tooooo boring, we dont do boring. You speak of "poor choices", at least we have the freedom of choice.

    My Sadie Puff is my only neice. Jen refuses to have a girl. She keeps popin' out gross boys!!!!! (Come on sis!) Sade is my one and only.
    When dooms day arrived and we found out her fate .... It was a feeling words can't describe. It was like a punishment....a dark cloud....a huge fucking nightmare.
    So many thoughts rushed over me. Why Sade? Why jess? Then came the anger.
    I started to question my faith. What GOD what HIGHER POWER what CREATOR would bestow this gross disgusting sickness on my lilttle girl. What the fuck!
    I still have not found peace with this. But what I have came to terms with is this..... The same blood that runs through my vains runs through hers.... She's an animal, a survivor, a warrior, my HERO. Sadie is going to hit this head on, wearing her red sparkly Wizard of BOZ shoes, blue nail polish and lip gloss. She will wipe her hands clean of it and go on living her beautiful life.
    I would take ever pain she has if I could. I will shave my head a million times over if it makes her feel even a tad bit normal and beautiful.

    As far as you Jess .....u r the wind beneath my wings. LMAO. That's as sappy as it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is crazey but special. I wouldn't trade them for normal. Life is very interesting. Never a dull moment with my kids. I'm lucky to have them. And yes we could do a sitcom. My life is a mix between Everybody loves Raymond, Desperate Housewives and cheers. My girls are my best friends. I love being a grandma and spending time with my babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy is a underexageration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww so sweet of you to right about me.now my family is crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle Kenney MohartJuly 2, 2011 at 11:20 AM

    I think you are all completely amazing! I'm thinking of that quote, "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have". You are all in my prayers, everyday. Stand strong, amazing, and together as a family. Love you all!

    By the way, I would tune in to your realtiy show ;)

    ReplyDelete